Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Are Some Bloggers frustrated Bullies?

I think blogging is great. I read, I write, I learn, I grow. But some Bloggers seem to use their access to this medium as a tool to bludgeon, to badger and yes, to bully.

I don't like bullies, I never have. I think I met my first bully in the Elementary School playground. I can still remember his name. Not because I fear him. Today I remember him as the sick person who became an alcoholic, drug addict and suicide victim. I never thought that I would feel sorry for him, but as an adult, I do.

Bullies are defined as "an over-bearing, controlling person who intimidates and tyrannizes another person or persons for a particular or unidentified reason."

Some Common Traits Of Bullies are:

Bullies like to put the victim in some sort of distress ;

Bullies are constantly seeking power over people;be in control;win;

They commonly refuse to accept responsibility for his/her behavior ;

They have greater than average, aggressive behavior patterns ; and

They have no sense of remorse for hurting/affecting other people.

So how do some use their blog to bully? And why would people sit at home and take cheap shots at others expense. The experts say that they get some sort of perverted pleasure in hurting others. We all know bullies. And most of us don't like them. Never did. Never will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

It seems like a few on cape cod are irresponsible in their blogs and posts. I like the variety of Cape Cod Today. A responsible blog needs oversight to make sure that people don't abuse it by posting racial or slanderous statements. I like your style. Kepp up the good work. I will tell my friends that the BarnstableBlogger is new in town!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see a new blog. The Barnstableblogger rules!

Anonymous said...

looking good!! lets talk like mature adults.